AdvantageCLUB Terms & Conditions
Leonardo AdvantageCLUB Terms & Conditions
and Data privacy notice
To read about the Leonardo AdvantagCLUB membership: Data privacy note please click here.
Leonardo AdvantageCLUB Terms & Conditions
1. GeneralThe Leonardo AdvantageCLUB loyalty program membership and its benefits are offered by Sunflower Management GmbH & Co. KG, Landsberger Allee 117A, 10407 Berlin and is administered on its behalf by the appropriate Leonardo Hotels chain (“Leonardo Hotels”). The goal is to enable Members ("members") of the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB to receive benefits described below after enrolling for free for this program and staying at Leonardo Hotels participating in the program. Hotels currently participating in the program include all the hotels presented on the website www.leonardo-hotels.com, except Leonardo Hotel & Residenz Leipzig, SENTIDO Cypria Bay by Leonardo, Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort, Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel & Spa, The Midland. Further hotels may be added or deleted at the sole discretion of Leonardo Hotels.
The rights and obligations of Leonardo Hotels under the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB may be assigned or transferred by Leonardo Hotels to any other related or unrelated entity at any time, and performance thereafter shall be the responsibility of that entity.
1.1 MembershipThe membership in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB is available to each individual. You may only register in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB if you are at least 18 years of age or major according to your local law and can enter into binding contracts (the program is not available to minors). Leonardo Hotels’ employees are not entitled to join the program.
Leonardo Hotels reserves the right to cancel any Leonardo AdvantageCLUB membership and revoke any and all unredeemed points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to:
- violation of these Terms and Conditions
- misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program
- violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges
- failure to pay for hotel charges
- a cheque to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason
- commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program
- physical, verbal, or written abuse of a specific hotel or Leonardo Hotels as a chain or
- action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program or any of its alliances.
At any time, the member may decide to cancel the participation in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB via “My Account” in their personal member account. Membership cancellation implies complete and total withdrawal from the program, thus permanently ending the existing relationship between Leonardo AdvantageCLUB and the member. This withdrawal causes all data pertaining to the member to be deleted from the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB database, along with all points remaining in the account at the time of cancellation.
1.2 ProgramLeonardo Hotels reserves the right to restrict, suspend, discontinue or cancel the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB upon 60 days' written notice to all active members. In that event, your right to receive points for hotel stays may end 60 days after the notification and the right to redeem points may end 90 days after the notification. Points for all members not presented for redemption on or before such redemption end date cannot be redeemed afterwards.
1.3 Changes in Terms & ConditionsLeonardo Hotels reserves the right to change, limit, modify or cancel the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB Terms and Conditions (incl. the number of points issued for a reservation), regulations, benefits, conditions of participation, rewards or part at any time, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated.
1.4 Legal rightsNeither the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB program nor any benefit offered by the program creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by members against Leonardo Hotels.
Recourse to the courts is not permitted.
1.5 Data privacyBy the registration to the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB members accept and explicitly authorize that your personal information supplied by you in the registration form (i) shall be processed by Leonardo Hotels, in its capacity of data controller, by its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees, and (ii) may be transferred worldwide to third parties to process your personal data on our behalf or where required by applicable law or in the event of a company reorganization, merger or acquisition, for use of such information for its (their) administration of membership records, guest service, advertising, marketing and communication purposes. They or we may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, fax, telephone or e-mail. If the member no longer wishes to receive commercial communications per e-mail, he or she can unsubscribe from these commercial e-mails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of these e-mails.
2. Participating HotelsHotels operating under the following hotel brands participate in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB (with some exceptions): Leonardo Hotels, Leonardo Boutique Hotels and Leonardo Royal Hotels.
All the hotels presented on the website www.leonardo-hotels.com participate in Leonardo AdvantageCLUB.
- Leonardo Hotel & Residenz Leipzig
- SENTIDO Cypria Bay by Leonardo
- Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort
- Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel & Spa
- The Midland
If a hotel leaves the Leonardo Hotels network, or ceases to be a participating hotel, after a reservation has been made but before the actual stay, the member does not earn any points and benefits at the hotel in form of a discounted stay. In addition, special offers are no longer valid after the date at which the hotel leaves the Leonardo Hotels network or ceases its participation in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB, even if the reservation was made before that date. If the Member is unjustly refused a credit of points, the responsibility of the Leonardo Hotels is strictly limited to properly recording points on the member’s account.
3. RegistrationThe registration for the personal member account is free of charge and has to be done online by filling out the application form within the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB section on the Leonardo Hotels homepage www.leonardo-hotels.com or within the online booking process in terms of an automatic registration if requested. Furthermore, members can register with registration forms within the hotel. Members must have an individual e-mail address in order to sign up for the program. The personal member account is just valid for any future stays of the member. The member should not disclose his or her password to any other party. The Member is responsible for all operations on, and from, his or her account.
After submitting the form, the Member will receive an application confirmation e-mail, sent to the address used for registration on the form, indicating the login details. This member ID entitles the member to collect points in all participating hotels immediately.
4. Earning PointsYou may earn points for stays in participating Leonardo Hotels beginning with the date of your enrolment in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB. Points may not be transferred to another member and do not have any cash value. Points can only be collected, if the member personally stayed at the hotel. Therefore, no points will be rewarded for stays of guests other than the member, regardless of who made the reservation and paid for it.
Members booking directly at the hotel via Central Reservations, telephone, e-mail, or fax have to identify themselves as AdvantageCLUB members with the booking process. Moreover, in order to collect points and enjoy AdvantageCLUB benefits during the stay guests have to announce their AdvantageCLUB memberships at the check-in. Furthermore, travel agencies using a GDS connected to the Leonardo Hotels reservation centre will also allow a member to collect points.
AdvantageCLUB points will be rewarded to the member’s personal account within 3 weeks after check-out. Points for past stays can be retroactively rewarded up to 365 days after check-out with regards to the requested conditions and to the membership during the stay.
Any special points or welcome points credited on the member account during promotional activities will be considered as pending until the first qualifying stay booked at any participating hotel is checked-out.
4.1 Reservation sources and ratesThe rates qualified for the award of AdvantageCLUB points and benefits include all public rates. Complimentary stays and group rates are exempt from the collection of points and benefits. Points will be awarded for stays and qualifying room rates only booked through the Leonardo Hotels homepage, Leonardo Hotels central reservation offices or directly at the hotel via telephone, e-mail, fax, or at the front desk.
To book a stay with the AdvantageCLUB special rate (10% off) it is necessary to log in or sign up to the loyalty program Leonardo AdvantageCLUB and book directly on the Leonardo Hotels official website. The AdvantageCLUB special rate cannot be combined with other special rates or promotions and it is valid for bookings made after 14.01.2016. Points will be collected according to the total price booked with the discounted rate.
4.2 Points calculationA point is a unit value, generated according to an established conversion schedule of monetary expenses by a member in a participating Leonardo Hotel. Every Euro (€) spent on your room reservation is worth one point. For different currencies than Euros, points are based on the defined exchange rates: 1 € = 1.40 CHF (1 CHF = 0.71 points); 1 € = 1,35 $ (1 $ = 0.74 points); 1 € = £ 0,71 (£ 1 = 1,41 points).
A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of the frequency of check-in/check-out. In case of one reservation consisting of several rooms members only collect points for the first chosen room. In case of several reservations made in the name of the member for the same dates, points will be awarded only for the room the member personally stayed in.
Points can be collected for the booked rooms, but not for any additional services used at the hotel (minibar, parking, telephone, etc.) In addition, points will also be rewarded for breakfast, if the member originally booked the room rate including this meal plan. In case breakfast is added to the initial reservation later, points are rewarded only for the room.
Only a whole number of points can be granted. If the exchange rate application used for converting Euros into points results in a number of points with a decimal value, the number of points credited to the member's account will be rounded down to the nearest whole number if the decimal is below 5, and will be rounded up to the nearest whole number if the decimal value is equal to, or higher than, 5.
4.3 Points validityPoints remain valid for 3 years following the date on which they were recorded. If the member does not generate any transactions during a 365 day period, the points acquired for the last reservation booked will be lost without notice and without the possibility of restoring or converting them.
Starting from January 1st, 2016 points remain valid for 18 months following the last check-out date. If the member does not stay at any of the participating hotels during this 18-month period, all points accumulated in a member account will be lost without notice and without the possibility of restoring or converting them.
4.4 Reservation cancellation and no-showIn case of a reservation cancellation or no-show, the member will not earn any points for the reservation, even if the late cancellation or no-show fees are paid.
5. Member benefitsMembers benefit by advantages that are communicated on the Leonardo Hotels website if the reservation was made directly on the Leonardo Hotels website, by phone with the reservation department of Leonardo Hotels as well as Fattal Hotels or directly at the hotel. For reservations done via external channels, members do not have any right to receive the communicated benefits of the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB.
6. Redeem PointsWhenever the number of points in the member's account reaches a certain level of points (as indicated by the balance shown on the account statement), the member may convert these points into free stays in participating Leonardo Hotels. AdvantageCLUB members cannot use their points to pay for any additional services used at the hotel, such as minibar, parking, or telephone. In addition, points cannot be used to pay for breakfast, if it was not booked as a part of the original reservation. Furthermore, points cannot be used for redeeming them for another person.
The level of points required for a certain stay is indicated in the reservation process following the “Redeem Points” button. Follow the reservation steps within the “Redeem Points” part and check how many points are required for your preferred stay. To redeem points is only possible online on the Leonardo Hotels homepage www.leonardo-hotels.com with reservations in advance. Payment with points is not possible for reservations already booked at a normal price.
The required amount of points for a reservation is based on a defined point exchange ratio. Point values, as well as the defined point exchange rations for any hotel or destination, may change at any time. Points have no value until presented for redemption by the member.
6.1 Rewarded RoomsExcept for the meal plan Bed & Breakfast, if selected during the booking process, rewarded rooms do not include food and beverages, gratuities or incidentals, other than the member benefits, mentioned in the “AdvantageCLUB” section of the Leonardo Hotels website www.leonardo-hotels.com. Any additional charges are to be paid directly to the hotel prior to check-out. Transportation costs to and from the hotel are not included.
6.2 Rewarded reservation cancellationMembers who cancel their rewarded reservation will have their points used for that reservation redeposited into the member's account. Not cancelled rewarded reservations by the cancellation deadline and reservation with no-show will be charged with the required points which will not be refunded.
6.3 Participating HotelsParticipating hotels may be added or deleted from any brand or destination category while this offer lasts. The rewards are void where prohibited by law. Reward Night reservations are not travel agent commissionable.
7. ClaimsIf the member notices that points have not been properly credited to the member account after a minimum waiting period of 3 weeks, he or she may request that the balance is adjusted within a period of 365 days following a stay at a participating hotel (based on the check-out date). For this, the member has to contact the affected hotel and must prove details of the claim and submit a copy of the invoice from the hotel in question.
In order for the member to be entitled to earn points, the invoice corresponding to the claim must imperatively be in (or include) the name of the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB member.
8. CommunicationMembers can access all information related to their membership account in the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB including the current points balance. Any Leonardo AdvantageCLUB member who has joined the Program accepts to receive commercially-related electronic communications from the program. If the member no longer wishes to receive commercial communications per e-mail, he or she can unsubscribe from these e-mails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of these e-mails.
Any changes to e-mail or postal addresses, member name or any other relevant membership information must be made by the member directly in the “My Profile” section within the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB account.
Leonardo AdvantageCLUB membership: Data privacy notice
This is an overview on your information that what we, Leonardo Hotels (represented by Sunflower Management GmbH & Co.KG Landsberger Allee 117A, 10407 Berlin), collect and process in connection with a membership in our AdvantageCLUB. We further inform you on your rights in regard to our data processing. This notice is an addition to our general privacy notice which can be found under www.leonardo-hotels.com/privacy-notice-and-cookie-policy.
Information we may collect about youWe collect and process the following Personal Data about you in connection with your Leonardo AdvantageCLUB membership.
- Your personal information ► including your name, gender and date of birth; you may also provide us with data on your family members to collect points or grant benefits (but this is not obligatory)
- Your contact information ► including your email address as a mandatory data field and home address or telephone number if provided by you
- Your booking information ► including the respective hotels and details of any stay in one of our hotels where you used your AdvantageCLUB membership ID; the license plate details of your car, if that was required to administer your stay or grant benefits to members;
- Your Miles & More Details ► when chosen by you as earning preference of the Leonardo AdvantageCLUB REWARD programme.
Sensitive Data:We are not collecting or processing any special categories of data (personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation). If you, however, provide us with special categories of data for your booking (e.g., you ask for a handicap room or inform us on religious diet requirements, we also collect and process such data.
What legal basis do we have for using your Personal Data
- Performance of a contract (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR): Your personal details data will be processes to administer your membership and grant you the corresponding benefits
- Consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR): Sending you newsletters and other marketing information will be based on your prior consent only. You can opt-out from the newsletter receipt at any time by unsubscribing through the link inside past newsletters received or by contacting us at [email protected]. If you provide us with special categories of data for your booking we also understand this as an explicit consent to process this data to provide our services according to your request.
Why we collect your Personal Data and justification of usesWe may use your Personal Data in order to
- administer your Leonardo AdvantageCLUB membership
- manage your data
- personalize our services
Where we collect your Personal Data fromWe obtain your Personal Data only from you directly and may use them in connection with data from your previous bookings and stays at our hotels.
With whom we share your Personal DataWe share data with our group companies operating single hotels (a list of these operating hotels can be found in Annex 1 and 2 to our general privacy notice). If you ask us to collect Miles & More details, we also share the collected miles with [Miles & More GmbH, MAC Main Airport Center, Unterschweinstiege 8, 60549 Frankfurt/Main].
We use third-party data processors to operate our website and booking platform or to provide similar services. These third parties receive your personal data only as processors on our behalf and as instructed by us. They may not use the data for own purposes.
For more information about data sharing please also see our general privacy notice which can be found under www.leonardo-hotels.com/privacy-notice-and-cookie-policy.
Do we send your Personal Data abroad and which safeguards applyGenerally, we do no share your data with recipients outside Europe or in countries that are not considered having an adequate level of data protection.
How long do we keep your data forWe keep records of your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes. To administer your benefits of the AdvantageCLUB, we retain the data for the term of your membership and after termination for as long as required under statutory retention obligations.
Updating your Personal DataWe will ensure that your Personal Data is accurate. In order to assist us with this, you can either amend your personal data by logging into your member account on www.leonardo-hotels.com, updating your data on the registration card upon your next check-in or notify us of any changes to your Personal Data that you have provided to us by contacting [email protected].
What are your rights?You have certain rights in relation to your personal data.
- Subject Access: You have a right to be provided with access to any data held about you by us generally within 1 month of your request.
- Rectification: You can ask us to have inaccurate Personal Data amended.
- Erasure: This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Withdrawal of consent: You can withdraw any consents to processing that you have given us and prevent further processing if there is no other ground under which we can process your Personal Data.
- Restriction: You can require certain Personal Data to be marked as restricted whilst complaints are resolved and also restrict processing in certain other circumstances.
- Portability: You can ask us to transmit the Personal Data that you have provided to us and we still hold about you to a third party electronically.
- Raise a complaint: You can raise a complaint about our processing with the data protection authority.
Please also note that in case you exercise your rights of erasure, withdrawal of consent and/or restriction, we may have to delete your AdvantageCLUB user account and your AdvantageCLUB membership and the benefits related to it may end. We will inform you if this is the case.
Your contact for any queriesWe have a designated Data Privacy Officer who should be contacted if you have any queries regarding the use of your personal data or in case you want to exercise any of your data subject rights. The contact details are set out below:
Sunflower Management GmbH & Co.KG
Landsberger Allee 117A
|Phone:||+49 (0)30 688 322 0|
Competent supervisory authorityThe supervisory authority competent for our supervision on data privacy compliance is:
|Authority:||Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit|
|Phone:||+49 (0)30 13889 0|