Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Coronavirus: Is a stay in a hotel risky?
At Leonardo Hotels, your safety comes first.
We are adopting the World Health Organization (WHO’s) standard recommendations and following the authority’s regulations to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices.
What are the main recommendations that Leonardo Hotels have been following?
- Employees to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- Employees to avoid tight contact with others
- Employees to inform during check-in all guests of strict hygiene regulations.
- A minimum distance to other guests should be always maintained.
- Guests with symptoms of illness will be asked to stay in the room and call a doctor via the reception desk.
- All rooms and communal area are clean and disinfected as per golden standards
We care for you
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to ensure the safety of all partners and guests and will update this communication regularly. Booking with Leonardo Hotels is safe, and you can always select the Best Available Rate for an easy and straight-forward cancellation policy.
If you are experiencing any other specific concern, please do not hesitate to contact us or the hotels directly, we are here to assist you.
The cancellation policy of Apollo Hotels and Leonardo Hotels Netherlands & Belgium https://www.apollohotels.co.uk/coronavirus/ as well as Jurys Inn and Leonardo Hotels UK https://www.leonardohotels.co.uk/covid-19 may differ.
We understand that you could not travel during the past months. To make up for the lost time we would like to offer an extension until the end of 2020. The accumulated points as Leonardo AdvantageCLUB member expiring between 01/03 and 31/08/2020 will be extended until 31/12/2020. To contact the AdvantageCLUB team for specific questions in regard please fill this form.